The large and diverse workforce of Los Angeles represents an unmatched talent pool with the skills and experience to tackle any job. Bolstered by world-class academic institutions and research and development organizations, L.A.'s human capital is the City's most valuable asset.
Talented and Abundant Workforce
World-Class Institutions and R&D
- With 200 colleges and universities, higher and specialized education is a hallmark of Los Angeles County. L.A. is home to internationally-acclaimed educational institutions that include:
- L.A.'s many influential arts institutions include:
- L.A. is also home to many specialized institutions that support the diverse industries of the Los Angeles economy.
- Table: Industry Associations, Education and Research Institutions
Industry Associations, Education and Research Institutions Aerospace 19 Architecture and Engineering 39 Automotive Manufacturing and Wholesaling 10 Entertainment 77 Environmental Sciences and Management 14 Fashion 32 Financial Services 34 Foodservice 23 Furniture and Home Furnishings 26 Health and Biomedical Sciences 45+ Jewelry 5 Tourism and Hospitality 30+ Toys 4
- Highlights from L.A.'s institutions of higher learning:
- An average of $1.6 billion in research annually
- 42 Nobel Laureates
- Three of the nation's top graduate engineering schools