Review Economic and Quality of Life Data
If you are looking to expand, relocate, or start your business in Los Angeles, we encourage you to browse the economic and city data below. Los Angeles has one of the most diverse and dynamic economies in the United States, with endless opportunity for your business.
- Key Economic Data
- Key Quality of Life Data
- Weekly Economics Newsletters
- Recent Reports of the L.A. Economy
- Maps of the city of Los Angees
- LA Facts
- A summary of facts about LA--including demographics, climate, airport traffic, and the local economy.
- Source: LA Inc.
Key Economic Data
- Airport Passenger and Cargo Statistics
- Measures the volume of air traffic at the Los Angeles International Airport.
- Source: Los Angeles World Airports
- Consumer Price Index (Greater Los Angeles)
- Measures the average price of consumer goods and services purchased by households in the Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County area.
- Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Employment Statistics
- Measures changes in employment levels and the unemployment rate.
- Source: California Employment Development Department
- Film Production Statisticss
- Measures film production activity in the Los Angeles area
- Source: Film LA
- House Prices
- Measures changes in housing prices in Los Angeles as well as nineteen other major metropolitan areas.
- Source: Standard and Poor's (Case-Shiller Index)
- Tourism Statistics
- Measures pertinent travel and tourism data, including hotel occupancy, average daily room rate, the U.S. Travel Price Index, and more.
- Source: LA, Inc.
- Port of Los Angeles Cargo Data
- Measures container counts for the Port of LA.
- Source: Port of Los Angeles.
Key Quality of Life Data
- Bus and Subway Ridership Statistics
- Measures weekday and weekend boardings on the 200 Metro Bus lines and four Metro Rail lines.
- Source: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority (Metro)
- Commuter Rail Ridership Statistics
- Measures weekday and weekend boardings on Metrolink, a regional commuter train system that serves multiple counties in Southern California.
- Source: Metrolink
- LAPD Crime Map and COMPSTAT
- Measures increases and decrease in criminal activity in Los Angeles.
- Source: Los Angeles Police Department
Weekly Economic Newsletters
- Los Angeles County Business Scan
- Weekly overview of business conditions in Los Angeles County, including employment figures and other economic indicators. Provided by the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC).
- Economic Data Global Express (e-EDGE)
- The LAEDC also publishes a weekly newsletter on current economic news in Los Angeles.
Recent Reports on the L.A. Economy
- Otis Report on the Creative Economy of the Los Angeles Region
- Otis Art and Design College commissions an annual report on the impact of creative industries on the L.A. economy.
- Growing Together: China and Los Angeles County
- Recent report by the LAEDC on the historic and increasing connectedness of China and L.A.
- For more recent reports by the LAEDC, click here