The L.A. Works site contains a host of information and tools for business owners and for those looking to start a business. Use the topics below to find what you're looking for (or use the search bar in the upper right hand corner). If you'd like assistance in finding what you need to start or grow your business, please visit Business Services.
- Use our Resource Finder to find organizations for which businesses may seek assistance, join industry associations or chambers of commerce, or discover government groups.
Resources by Type
- Find incentives by geographic area and type.
- Find financing opportunities for your business.
- Directions for getting approval for business permits.
- Taxes and Registration
- Local and State tax requirements and resources, including business registration.
- Real Estate and Zoning
- Leasing, zoning, and other property-related resources, including business location assistance.
- Contracting Opportunities
- Find business opportunities with local, state, and federal government.
- Hiring / Employment
- Hiring, employment, and job training resources.
- Partner with local Business Organizations
- Find business organizations in your neighborhood or industry.
- Green Your Business
- Resources to help you save money and the environment.
- Film and Entertainment Resources
- Resources to assist filming in L.A.
- List of Business Assistance Organizations
- Local, state and federal organizations that want to help your business prosper.
- MBE / WBE
- Local, state, and federal support for Minority and Women-owned businesses.
- Business Organizer
- Keep track of your steps to starting and growing your business.
- Incentive Finder
- Follow the steps to receive a list of incentives available for your business.
- Review Economic and Quality of Life Data
- Look up current data about the Los Angeles economy and quality of life in L.A.